Study Committee A2 – Transformers & Study Committee D1 – Materials and Emerging Technologies
PS 1 – On site installation and commissioning tests
- Transformer transportation and storage: technology, problems and solutions.
- Recommended commissioning tests and evaluations for transformers and reactors during its onsite installation.
- Problems and manufacturing defects detection with material quality inspections.
- Field experience during transformer installation (assembly/ disassembly, field tests).
- Environmental concerns of PCB in power equipment, new and in operation.
PS 2 - Reliability, diagnostic and modeling advances
- High frequency modeling for power transformers and shunt reactors, including comparisons with measurements.
- Modelling and interpretation of windings frequency response test results.
- Experience and comparison of different partial discharge tests in laboratory or in the field.
- New chemical markers for cellulose ageing in electrical equipment.
- Integrity check, performance evaluation and useful life expectance for transformers, reactors, their materials, components and accessories, including the online monitoring system.
- Transformers and reactors maintenance’s techniques, including requirements for online monitoring.
- Failure analyses and post morten investigation.
- User experience with transformers and reactors life extension and economical models for investment evaluation.
PS 3 - Requirements, specification, design and tests of transformers
- Practical effects of the overload requirements in the transformer design and components.
- Additional considerations for specification of special transformers
- Technical specification of insulation system focusing on the demands of new applications, materials and components (Ultra-High voltages, HVDC, high-temperatures).
- Extra High Voltage measurement techniques and impacts in HVDC and HVCA systems.
- Special test techniques or advances in test procedures.
Study Committee A3 – High Voltage Equipment & Study Committee B3 – Substations
PS 1 - Advances in substation technology, reliability and design
- New connection configuration for higher reliability and reduced cost.
- Modular, pre-fabricated, fast assembly and plug-and-play concept for substation solutions.
- Reliability Evaluation of Substation Based on System Performance.
- Combination of outdoor and GIS/MTS technologies for substation area reduction.
- Combination of GIS, GIL and Insulated Cables in substation design.
- Mitigation solutions of substations to meet emerging grid requirements includes new renewable energy resource growth.
PS 2 - Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance considerations in substations
- • Customer and stakeholder interaction to reduce substation impact including aesthetics noise and fire management.
- Design for safety, eco-design/recycling and environmentally friendly product development.
- Managing the implementation of health, safety and environmental requirements for substations, including training
- Physical and cyber-security considerations for substations.
PS 3 - End-of-life management of HV equipment
- HV equipment failures attributed to end-of-life: how to avoid them?
- Application of monitoring and diagnostic technics as a mean to avoid equipment failures and to extend life.
- Experience of transmission utilities with regulatory acts ruling maintenance procedures.
- Experience of transmission utilities with regulatory acts ruling end-of-life of HV equipment
PS 4 - HV equipment modelling and simulation
- Modelling of HV equipment for performance investigation purposes and failure tracking.
- * Recent experiences with TRT, VFT and controlled switching modelling in ATP.
- Experience with ATP routines developed with TACS and MODELS as a mean to optimize HV equipment transient simulation and system interaction.