Segunda-feira (26/11/2018) | 09h15 às 10h30 | Auditório
In this overview tutorial, Dr. Smeets will highlight trends in the field of switching technology driven by changing requirements from users, such as transmission and distribution of renewable energy, mass energy generation and transmission, environmental concern, digitalization, cost-benefit optimization among others.
The subjects of the tutorial reflect the latest developments in CIGRE A3 working groups of which Dr. Smeets was a convener, secretary or member and will include:
- Impact of offshore application on switchgear (wind turbine switchgear integration, deep sea application, LF transmission, long cable switching, switchgear compacting);
- impact of SF6 alternatives on switching (comparison of state-of-the-art available gases and pilots);
- overview of HVDC station switchgear, incl. overview of actual technology of HVDC circuit breakers, HVDC grids;
- ultra-high voltage: Status of UHV switchgear and its application;
- ultra-high current: Large generator circuit breakers with SF6 and vacuum;
- impact and technical status and limitations of high-voltage vacuum switchgear;
- digitalization of substation components, like switchgear and instrument transformers;
- latest developments in (U)HV circuit breaker testing, incl. HVDC circuit breakers.
O workshop será apresentado em inglês e contará com tradução simultânea para a apresentação e interação com o tutor em português.